Sunday, November 9, 2014

Hexagon Card

A while back I made a card using hexagons as the back ground.  I loved the look and decided to try it again but this time I popped some of the hexagons up.  I also tried something else new, using the spellbinders dies as a stencil for mists.  It's a very subtle look since I used a clear mist and its very hard to photograph but the butterfly has is sparkly in the parts that have been embossed.  Please don't mind the sentiment, its straight but because of the angle I used it looks a bit off (at least to me it does).  It was a tough call because I wanted to get a picture showing the dimension of some of the hexagons and the glimmer on the butterfly wings and in the camera angle something had to give.



Supplies used:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Spellbinders FLying Beauties, Unity Stamp Grab Bag Stamp, DCWV Be Mine, Sweet Tangerine, Latte Stack

10 comments:

  1. We are always so hard on ourselves, Corrie this is such an adorable design and so creative . Love the colors of the papers and fun butterfly. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, wonderful. I love hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card! i love that each hexagon has a different pattern. and ps, you've used one of my favorite favorite DCWV stacks!! (sweet tangerine!)
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hexagon background! It really lets the butterfly and sentiment pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! You did a fabulous job on the background and the butterfly is so pretty. This is a wonderful card, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love hexagons...sentiment looks straight to me

    ReplyDelete